Research Group of Fish Innate Immunity
PI: Prof. ZHANG Yibing, PhD
Members: Dr. Chen Dan, and four postgraduate students.
The Research Group of Fish Innate Immunity is devoted to the study of the innate immune mechanisms whereby fish respond to virus infection. They screened genes related to fish virus infection, clarified gene function and the involved regulatory network, and identified genes potential to immune control of fish viral diseases.
Current research interests:
* Molecular mechanism and regulation of fish innate antiviral response, particularly fish interferon-mediated antiviral response
* Functional characterization and potential application of fish antiviral factors
* Comparative evolution of immune-related molecules and immune response between fish and non-fish vertebrates
1. Zhao X, Gong XY, Li YL, Dan C, Gui JF, Zhang YB. Characterization of DNA binding and nuclear retention identifies zebrafish-specific IRF11 as a positive regulator of IFN antiviral response. Journal of Immunology. 2020, 205 (1):237-250
2. Wu CX, Zhang YB and Hu CY. PKZ, a Fish-Unique eIF2 Kinase Involved in Innate Immune Response. Front. Immunol. 2020,11:585.
3. Xiong Y, Dan C, Ren F, Su Z, Zhang YB, Mei J. Proteomic profiling of yellow catfish (Pelteobagrus fulvidraco) skin mucus identifies differentially-expressed proteins in response to Edwardsiella ictaluri infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2020;100:98-108.
4. Zang ZX, Dan C, Zhou L, Zhang QY, Gui JF, Zhang YB. Function characterization and expression regulation of two different-sized 3’untranslated region-containing interferon genes from clone F of gibel carp Carassius auratus gibelio. Molecular Immunology, 2020,119:18–26.
5. Song W, Zhang YB, Zhang XJ, Gui, JF. De Novo Transcriptome Assembly of Four Organs of Collichthys Lucidus and Identification of Genes Involved in Sex Determination and Reproduction. PLoS One. 2020 Mar 27;15(3):e0230580.
6. Wu M, Dan C, Gui JF, Zhang YB. Fish species-specific TRIM gene FTRCA1 negatively regulates interferon response through attenuating IRF7 transcription. Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2019;90:180-187.
7. Wu M, Zhao X, Gong XY, Wang Y, Gui JF, Zhang YB？. FTRCA1, a species-specific member of finTRIM family, negatively regulates fish interferon response through autophage-lysosomal degradation of TBK1. Journal of Immunology, 2019, 202 (8): 2407-2420
8. Gong XY, Zhang QM, Gui JF, Zhang YB. SVCV infection triggers fish IFN response through RLR signaling pathway. Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2019, 86:1058-1063
9. Zhang QM, Zhao X, Li Z, Wu M, Gui JF, Zhang YB. Alternative splicing transcripts of zebrafish LGP2 gene differentially contributes to interferon antiviral response. Journal of Immunology, 2018, 200 (2): 688-703
10. Gao FX, Lu WJ, Wang Y, Zhang QY, Zhang YB, Mou CY, Li Z, Zhang XJ, Liu CW, Zhou L, Gui JF. Differential expression and functional diversification of diverse immunoglobulin domain-containing protein (DICP) family in three gynogenetic clones of gibel carp. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;84:396-407.
11. Kim BS, Lu H, Ichiyama K, Chen X, Zhang YB, Mistry NA, Tanaka K, Lee YH, Nurieva R, Zhang L, Yang X, Chung Y, Jin W, Chang SH, Dong C. Generation of RORγt+ Antigen-Specific T Regulatory 17 Cells from Foxp3+ Precursors in Autoimmunity. Cell Rep. 2017;21(1):195-207.
12. Feng H, Zhang QM, Zhang YB, Li Z, Zhang J, Xiong YW, Wu M, Gui JF. Zebrafish IRF1, IRF3, and IRF7 differentially regulate IFNΦ1 and IFNΦ3 expression through assembly of homo- or heteroprotein complexes. Journal of Immunology, 2016, 197(5):1893-904.
13. Chen C, Zhang YB, Gui JF. Expression characterization, genomic structure and function analysis of fish ubiquitin-specific protease 18 (USP18) genes. Dev Comp Immunol, 2015, 52:112–122.
14. Feng H, Zhang YB, Zhang QM, Li Z, Zhang QY, Gui JF. Zebrafish IRF1 regulates IFN antiviral response through binding to IFNΦ1 and IFNΦ3 promoters downstream of MyD88 signaling. Journal of Immunology, 2015, 194: 1225–1238.