Research Group of Algal Stress Physiology and Space Biology
PI: Prof. WANG Gaohong, PhD
Members: Dr. LI Xiaoyan, PENG Tingting
E-mail address: ghwang(AT)ihb.ac.cn
Office phone number: 86-27-68780036
This research group is devoted to the combination of basic theory and applied research of algae biology (R&D). We mainly use bioinformatics, molecular biology and bioengineering technology to study the biological regulation mechanism of algae adapting to extreme environment, excavate algae biological resources, and develop key technologies applied in the field of space biology and algae control in polluted water bodies. This research group is supported by the Chinese National Science and Technology Major Project, the Strategic Priority Research Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Natural Science Foundation of China and the Project of Chinese Manned Spaceflight.
1) Environmental biology: mainly using high-throughput sequencing, bioinformatics and molecular biology technologies to study the molecular response mechanism of aquatic organisms represented by algae under various stresses (hot shock, high salt and UV, etc.), focusing on signal transduction pathways and epigenetic regulation;
2) Space biology: to study adaptation mechanisms of aquatic organisms to spaceflight environment and to construct the closed life support system with aquatic organisms to provide oxygen and food for astronaut;
3) Utilization of algal biomass resources: research on extraction of algal bio-active products, biomass resource conversion and high-value product development.
1. Jinlu Hu, Xuan Deng, Ning Shao, Gaohong Wang*, Kaiyao Huang*.Rapid construction and screening of artificial microRNA systems in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Plant Journal 2014, 79(6): 1052-1064(SCI)
2. Hua Li, Benqiang Rao, Gaohong Wang, Si Shen, Dunhai Li, Chunxiang Hu, Yongding Liu. Spatial heterogeneity of cyanobacteria-inoculated sand dunes significantly influences artificial biological soil crusts in the Hopq Desert (China). Environ Earth Sci 2014,71(SI): 245-253 (SCI)
3. Lanzhou Chen, Federico Rossi, Songqiang Deng, Yongding Liu, Gaohong Wang, Alessandra Adessi, Roberto De Philippis. Macromolecular and chemical features of the excreted extracellular polysaccharides in induced biological soil crusts of different ages. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 2014, 78: 1–9 (SCI)
4. Jinlu Hu, Liang Jin, Xiaojuan Wang, Wenkai Cai, Yongding Liu, Gaohong Wang*. Response of Photosynthetic Systems to Salinity Stress in the Desert Cyanobacterium Scytonema javanicum. Advances in Space Research 2014, 53(1):30-36 (SCI)
5. DeLu Zhang, Jing Zhang, ChunXiang Hu, GaoHong Wang, DunHai Li, YongDing Liu. Morphological alterations and acetylcholinesterase and monoamine oxidase inhibition in liver of zebrafish exposed to Aphanizomenon flos-aquae DC-1 aphantoxins. Aquatic Toxicology , 2014, 157: 215-224 (SCI)
6. Xiang Gao, Fengge Zhang, Jinlu Hu, Wenkai Cai, Ge Shan, Dongsheng Dai, Kaiyao Huang, Gaohong Wang*. MicroRNAs modulate adaption to multiple abiotic stresses in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Scientific Reports. 2016, 6:38228(SCI)
7. Gao Xiang，Zhou Weicheng，Peng Chengrong，Li Shuangshuang，Zhang Fengge，Wang Gaohong. New Submerged Macrophytes revegetation Method and Its Impacts on Water Environment. Environment Science and Management 2015，40（10）：150-154（In Chinese with English abstract）
8. Gao, Xiang; Zhou, Wei-Cheng; Zhang, Feng-Ge; Chen, Lan-Zhou; Wang, Gao-Hong*. Effect of Salt Stress on Photosynthetic Activity and Metabolites of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Plant Physiology Journal 2015, 51 (11): 1887-1894 (In Chinese with English abstract）
9. Xiaoyan Li, Genbao Li, Dunhai Li, Zongjie Hao, Gaohong Wang*, R. Peter Richter, Martin Schuster, Michael Lebert, Yongding Liu. Spaceflight Microgravity reduced photosynthetical electron transport and altered energy distribution in Euglena gracilis. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics. 2016. 43(9): 887-894(SCI)
10. Wenkai Cai, Xiang Gao, Jinlu Hu, Lanzhou Chen, Xiaoyan Li, Yongding Liu, Gaohong Wang*. UV-B Radiation Inhibits the Photosynthetic Electron Transport Chain in Chlamydomonas Reinhardtii. Pakistan Journal of Botany. 48(6): 2587-2593, 2016. (SCI)
11. Xiaoyan Li, Ralf Anken, Liyue Liu, GaohongWang, Yongding Liu. Effects of Simulated Microgravity on Otolith Growth of Larval Zebrafish using a Rotating-Wall Vessel: Appropriate Rotation Speed and Fish Developmental Stage. Microgravity Sci. Technol. 29 (1-2): 1-8, 2017 (SCI)
12. Xiaoyan Li, Peter R. Richter, Zongjie Hao, Yanjun An, Gaohong Wang, Dunhai Li, Yongding Liu, Sebastian M. Strauch, Martin Schuster, Ferdinand W. Haag, Michael Lebert. Operation of an enclosed aquatic ecosystem in the Shenzhou-8 mission. Acta Astronautica, 134:17-22, 2017 (SCI)
13. Wang, Gaohong; Deng, Songqiang; Liu, Jiafeng; Ye, Chaoran; Zhou, Xiangjun; Chen, Lanzhou. Cell damage caused by ultraviolet B radiation in the desert cyanobacterium Phormidium tenue and its recovery process. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 144: 315-320, 2017 (SCI)
14. Zhang Feng-Ge ; Wang Bo; Wang, Xiao-Lin; Li Xiao-Yan ; Li Gen-Bao; Li, Dun-Hai ; Shan, Ge; Wang, Gao-Hong*. Cre-miR914 Regulates Heat Shock Adaptation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics. 44(6): 495-503, 2017(SCI)
15. Bo Wang, Fengge Zhang, Jinlu Hu, Xiang Gao, Po Bian, Yongding Liu & Gaohong Wang*. Cre-miR914-regulated RPL18 is involved with UV-B adaptation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Journal of Plant Physiology 232 (2019) 151–159 (SCI)
16. Chenguang Deng, Jingjing Wu, Ting Wang, Gaohong Wang, Lijun Wu, Yuejin Wu, and Po Bian Negative Modulation of Bystander DNA Repair Potential by X-Ray Targeted Tissue Volume in Arabidopsis thaliana. Radiation Research 2019, 191(6):556-565 (SCI).
17. Jun Sha, Yongsheng Chen, Gaohong Wang, Zhiying Lu, Jing Ye, Qiang Hu, Xuezhi Zhang. The Inhibition Effect of Recycled Scenedesmus acuminatus Culture Media: Influence of Growth Phase, Inhibitor Identification and Removal. Algal Research, 2019, 42: UNSP 101612 DOI: 10.1016/j.algal.2019.101612 (SCI)
18. Zhiying Lu, Jun Sha, Wenxuan Wang, Yanhua Li, Gaohong Wang, Yongsheng Chen, Qiang Hu, Xuezhi Zhang. Identi？cation of auto-inhibitors in the reused culture media of the Chlorophyta Scenedesmus acuminatus. Algal Research, 2019, 44(1):101665 (SCI)
19. Wei Lin, Yiliang Li, Gaohong Wang, Yongxin Pan. An overview and perspectives of astrobiology.Chin Sci Bull 2020,？ 65(5): ？ 380-391 (In Chinese with English abstract）
20. Achal Rastogi, Vieira FRJ, Anne-Flore Deton-Cabanillas, Alaguraj Veluchamy, Catherine Cantrel, Gaohong Wang, Pieter Vanormelingen, Chris Bowler, Gwenael, Piganeau, Hanhua Hu, and Leila Tirichine. A genomics approach reveals the global genetic polymorphism, structure and functional diversity of ten accessions of the marine model diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. ISME J. 2020, ？ 14(2): ？ 347-363 (SCI)
21. Huangqi Tang, Liangwen Chen, Zhangyu Dai, Wenjing Zhang, Ting Wang, Lijun Wu, Gaohong Wang, Po Bian. Enhancement of DNA damage repair potential in germ cells of Caenorhabditis elegans by a volatile signal from their irradiated partners, DNA repair, 2020, ？ 86: 102755 (SCI).
22. Deng, SQ ; Zhang, DY; Wang, GH ; Zhou, XJ ; Ye, CR; Fu, TR; Ke, T; Zhang, YR; Liu, YD; Chen, LZ. Biological soil crust succession in deserts through a 59-year-long case study in China: How induced biological soil crust strategy accelerates desertification reversal from decades to years. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 2020, ？ 141: 107665(SCI).