Research Group of Lakes Restoration Ecology
PI: Prof. XIAO Bangding, PhD
Members: Dr. Xingqiang Wu, Dr. Chunbo Wang, Dr. Cuicui Tian
Contact Us: E-mail address: email@example.com; Office phone number: +862768780386
The Research Group of Lakes Restoration Ecology mainly focuses on lakes ecological restoration, nutrient transport pathways and cyanobacterial bloom control in shawlow lakes, which can be classified as follows:
* To understand the mechanism and the key factors driving the regime shift in shallow eutrophic lakes and to elucidate the response and feedback of the system during the course of restoration
* To explore the nutrient transport pathways in the air-water interface or sediment-water interface and the role of physical, chemical and biological processes on the macrophyte recovery and Microcystis bloom development
* To claify the occurrence and disappearance of Microcystis bloom and their toxins (i.e., microcystins) in the aquatic environment
Major Science and Technology Program for Water Pollution Control and Treatment of the 12th Five-year Plan “Technologies and engineering demonstration of large-scale restoration of aquatic ecosystems in Lake Caohai”(2013ZX07102005, 2013-2017) and the 11th Five-year Plan “Technologies on re-establishing submerged macrophyte in eutrophic Lake Dianchi” (2008ZX07102005, 2008-2011).
National Natural Science Foundation project of “Study on the viability of benthic Microcystis spp. and their abilities to inoculate the water column” (31670465, 2017-2020), “Study on the interaction between Microcystis colonies and dominant species of macrobenthos in eutrophic lake sediments” (31870450, 2019-2021), “Comparing the survivability of overwintering Microcystis colonies in water column and sediment” (31800390, 2019-2021), “Microbial mechanism of coupling between Fe(II) oxidation and nitrate reduction in lake sediment” (31800112, 2019-2021) and “The influence and mechanism of microcystins on the overwintering and recruitment of Microcystis colony” (31270509, 2013-2016).
1. Xingqiang Wu*, Christian Noss, Liu Liu, Andreas Lorke. Effects of small-scale turbulence at the air-water interface on Microcystis surface scum formation. Water Research, 2019, 167, 115091.
2. Chunbo Wang, Qijia Cai, Bing Feng, Shanshan Feng, Cuicui Tian, Xiaoming Jiang, Xingqiang Wu, Bangding Xiao*. Improving the performance of shipboard rotary drum filters in the removal of cyanobacterial blooms by cationic polyacrylamide flocculation. Separation and Purification Technology, 2019,215: 660-669.
3. Bing Feng, Chunbo Wang, Xingqiang Wu, Cuicui Tian, Meng Zhang, Yingying Tian, Bangding Xiao？. Spatiotemporal dynamics of cell abundance, colony size and intracellular toxin concentrations of pelagic and benthic Microcystis in Lake Caohai, China. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2019,84: 184-196
4. Pei Hong#, Yilin Shu#, Xingqiang Wu, Chunbo Wang, Cuicui Tian, Hailong Wu, Oscar Omondi Donde, Bangding Xiao*. Efficacy of zero nitrous oxide emitting aerobic denitrifying bacterium, Methylobacterium gregans DC-1 in nitrate removal with strong auto-aggregation property. Bioresource Technology, 2019, 293
5. Pei Hong, Xingqiang Wu, Yilin Shu, ChunBo Wang, Cuicui Tian, Shihao Gong, Pei Cai, Oscar Omondi Donde and Bangding Xiao*. Denitrification characterization of dissolved oxygen microprofiles in lake surface sediment through analyzing abundance, expression, community composition and enzymatic activities of denitrifier functional genes. AMB Expr, 2019,9:129
6. Bing Feng, Chunbo Wang, Xingqiang Wu, Cuicui Tian, Yingying Tian, Bangding Xiao*. Involvement of microcystins, colony size and photosynthetic activity in the benthic recruitment of Microcystis. Journal of Applied Phycology, 2018, 1-11
7. Hui Qing, Oscar Omondi Donde, Cuicui Tian, Chunbo Wang, Xingqiang Wu, Shanshan Feng, Yao Liu, Bangding Xiao*. Novel heterotrophic nitrogen removal and assimilation characteristic of the newly isolated bacterium Pseudomonas stutzeri AD-1. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, 2018, 126(3):339-345
8. Yingying Tian, Xingqiang Wu*, Qichao Zhou, Cuicui Tian, Chunbo Wang, Bing Feng, Bangding Xiao*. Distribution of Aerobic Anoxygenic Phototrophs in Plateau Freshwater Lakes. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 2018, 27 (2): 1-9
9. Chunbo Wang, Bing Feng, Cuicui Tian, Yingying Tian, Deng Chen, Xingqiang Wu, Genbao Li, Bangding Xiao*. Quantitative study on the survivability of Microcystis colonies in lake sediments. Journal of Applied Phycology, 2017, (6): 1-12
10. Yingying Tian, Xingqiang Wu*, Bing Feng, Cuicui Tian, Chunbo Wang, Bangding Xiao*. Nutrient recovery from cyanobacteria biomasses using purple nonsulfur bacterium Rhodopseudomonas palustris. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 2017, 26 (6): 1-9
11. Oscar O. D., Cuicui Tian, Bangding Xiao*. Integrated site-specific quantification of faecal bacteria and detection of DNA markers in faecal contamination source tracking as a microbial risk assessment tool in urban lake ecosystems. Chinese Journal of Oceanology & Limnology, 2017: 1-14
12. Oscar Omondi Donde*, Bangding Xiao. Understanding wastewater treatment mechanisms: a review on detection, removal, and purification efficiencies of faecal bacteria indicators across constructed wetlands. Environmental Reviews, 2017
13. Cuicui Tian, Chunbo Wang, Yingying Tian, Xingqiang Wu, Bangding Xiao*. Effects of root radial oxygen loss on microbial iron cycling and phosphorus removal characteristics in submerged plant (Hydrilla verticillata) rhizosphere. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 2017, 26(5): 3155-3162
14. Xingqiang Wu*, Chunbo Wang, Cuicui Tian, Bangding Xiao, Lirong Song*. Evaluation of the potential of anoxic biodegradation of intracellular and dissolved microcystins in lake sediments. Journal of hazardous materials, 2015,286: 395-401
15. Chunbo Wang, Xingqiang Wu, Cuicui Tian, Qian Li, Yingying Tian, Bing Feng, Bangding Xiao*. A quantitative protocol for rapid analysis of cell density and size distribution of pelagic and benthic microcystis colonies by flowCAM. Journal of Applied Phycology, 2015,27: 711-720
16. Chunbo Wang, Cuicui Tian, Yingying Tian, Bing Feng, Xingqiang Wu*, Bangding Xiao*. A sensitive method for the determination of total microcystins in water and sediment samples by liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection. Analytical Methods, 2015,7(2): 759-765
17. Zhi Wang, Junqian Zhang, Lirong Song, Enhua Li*, Xuelei Wang, Bangding Xiao*. Effects of linear alkylbenzene sulfonate on the growth and toxin production of microcystis aeruginosa isolated from Lake Dianchi. Environmental science and pollution research, 2015,22: 5491-5499
18. Cuicui Tian, Chunbo Wang, Yingying Tian, Xingqiang Wu, Bangding Xiao*. Root radial oxygen loss and the effects on rhizosphere microarea of two submerged plants. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 2015,24(4): 1795-1802
19. Cuicui Tian, Chunbo Wang, Yingying Tian, Xingqiang Wu, Bangding Xiao*. Vertical distribution of Fe and Fe(III)-reducing bacteria in the sediments of lake Donghu, China. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 2015,61: 575-583