Research Group of Water-Environmental Nanotechnology
PI: Prof. FANG Tao, PhD
Members: Wei Tang, Shaopan Bao，Weichen Zhang.
The Research Group of Water-Environmental Nanotechnology mainly focuses on the synthesis and application of nanomaterials in aquatic environments, the environment impact appraisal of nanomaterials, and the eco-remediation of polluted waters.
In recent years, this group has been carrying on many projects supported by the Major Science and Technology Program for Water Pollution Control and Treatment, the National Key Research and Development Project, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and other projects commissioned by Chinese Academy of Sciences, regional governments and enterprises.
Current research interests:
* The application of nanotechnology and nanomaterials in polluted water treatment;
* The fates and toxicities of manufactured nanomaterials in the aquatic environment;
* Ecological treatment technologies on sewage, wastewater and contaminated water.
1. Shaopan Bao, Han Wang, Weicheng Zhang, Zhicai Xie, Tao Fang. An investigation into the effects of silver nanoparticles on natural microbial communities in two freshwater sediments. Environmental Pollution. 2016, 219: 696-704.
2. Tao Fang, Shaopan Bao, Xiaofeng Sima, Hong Jiang, Wentao Zhu, Wei Tang. Study on the application of integrated eco-engineering in purifying eutrophic river waters. Ecological Engineering. 2016, 94: 320–328.
3. Weicheng Zhang, Xiawei Liu, Shaopan Bao, Bangding Xiao，Tao Fang. Evaluation of nano-specific toxicity of zinc oxide, copper oxide and sliver nanoparticles through toxic ratio. Journal of Nanoparticle Research.2016,18:372.
4. Weicheng Zhang, Shaopan Bao, Tao Fang. The neglected nano-specific toxicity of ZnO nanoparticles in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Scientific Reports. 2016, 6:24839. DOI: 10.1038/srep24839.
5. Xin Luo, Xiurong Wang, Shaopan Bao, Xiawei Liu, Weicheng Zhang, Tao Fang. Adsorption of phosphate in water using one-step synthesized zirconium-loaded reduced graphene oxide. Scientific Reports. 2016, 6:39108. DOI: 10.1038/srep39108.
6. Han Wang, Ying Li, Ying Chen, Lianshan Li, Tao Fang and Zhiyong Tang. Development of a conjugated polymer-based fluorescent probe for selective detection of HOCl. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. 2015, 3, 5136-5140.
7. Shaopan Bao, Qicong Lu, Tao Fang, Heping Dai, Chao Zhang. An assessment of the toxicity of CuO nanoparticles by using Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants with multiple genes deleted. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 2015, 81(23): 8098-8107.
8. Tao Fang, Linpeng Yu，Wicheng. Zhang，Shaopan Bao. Effects of humic acid and ions strength on TiO2 nanoparticles sublethal toxicity to zebrafish，Ecotoxicology. 2015, 24(10): 2054-2066.
9. Daowen Xiong, Tao Fang, Linpeng Yu，Xiaofeng Sima，Wentao Zhu. Effects of nano-scale TiO2, ZnO and their bulk counterparts on zebra fish: acute toxicity, oxidative stress and oxidative damage. Science of the Total Environment. 2011, 409: 1444-1452.
10. Linpeng Yu, Tao Fang, Daowen Xiong, Wentao Zhu, Xiaofeng Sima. Comparative toxicity of nano-ZnO and bulk ZnO suspensions to zebrafish and the effects of sedimentation, ·OH production and particle dissolution in distilled water. Journal of Environmental Monitoring. 2011, 13: 1975-1982.